Lying in Mid and South Kerry, Healy Crowley Ahern has constant contact with the local farming community. Our location, client base and years of experience places us in a unique position to provide clear and practical advice to farm enterprises of any size.
We regularly advise our farming clients on a wide range of issues to include the following:
- Transfer of agricultural assets through the generations including full and comprehensive advices in relation to all taxation matters including retirement relief for capital gains tax purposes, agricultural relief for inheritance / gift tax and various different stamp duty reliefs tailored to the farming community;
- Leasing of agricultural land whether for grazing seasons (agistment agreements) or longer term of leasing of land;
- Advice on dealing with single farm payments and other farming entitlements be that in cases of deceased farmers, transferring of entitlements, leasing of entitlements or other advice and assistance in connection with claiming and maintaining entitlements;
- Will drafting and general estate planning in respect of farming clients and dealing with tax efficient management of assets;
- Full litigation service both in the Circuit Court and High Court regarding boundary disputes, trespass and the law relating to animals;
- Advices to clients and litigation services on squatters rights applications or squatter litigation;
- Conveyancing services regarding agricultural land;
- Advising and registration relating to rights of way, rights to water and drainage rights and all other associated easements in connection with agricultural land;
Advice and assistance in relation to “B” Ordinary shares in Kerry Co-operative Creameries Limited and “A” Shares in Kerry Group Plc together with sale and transfer of Co-op shares, dealing with lost share certificates and advice on the indemnity procedure in deceased cases.