Our offices have been acting with clubs, societies and other unincorporated associations over the past forty years. We have provided advice and assistance to a wide ranges sporting and other unincorporated associations such as GAA clubs, golf clubs, sporting clubs, festival committees and other charitable and leisure associations.
We provide a full range of advice and assistance to include:
- Advice on legal structures for clubs and associations to include trust pleeds and documents, drafting constitutions and relevant documentation;
- Advice and assistance to clubs and associations in applications to the Revenue Commissioners for obtaining charitable status including advice regarding the appropriate clauses to use in Memorandum and Articles of Association or other constitutional documents;
- Application to the District Court for club registration and annual renewal of licences in the District Court for sale of intoxicating liquor forming part of a club or association;
- Advice in defence of personal injury actions to include advice on insurance matters and general management of legal liability on behalf of clubs and associations;
- Dealing with issues in connection with procedures within clubs and associations and advising on procedures, handling of disciplinary hearings and matters relating to expulsion of members or disciplinary matters.