We at Healy Crowley Ahern, have a unique insight into the legal issues effecting Pharmacies in Ireland.
Having acted in numerous transactions involving pharmacies, we have advised on the following issues, particularly with respect to purchase and sale of businesses:
- preparing and dealing with due diligence questionnaires in pre-acquisition stage;
- review of regulation and operation of pharmacies, particularly in relation to the Pharmacy Act 2007 and associated regulations in particular the Regulation of Retail Pharmacy Business Regulations 2008;
- advising clients on legal structures in relation to pharmacy purchases and sales, dealing with corporate re-organisations, partnership issues and asset stripping and other associated issues;
- drafting and reviewing purchase and sale documentation and associated tax deeds, disclosure letters and service agreements; advising on the transfer arrangements of the GMS contract and dealing with local HSE officers regarding the new GMS contract for the purchaser; advice on tax matters, including capital gains, stamp duty and associated reliefs, such as retirement relief;
- advising on property matters, including leases and landlord consent issues;
- required by the PSI;
- advising on employee issues and transfer of undertaking and rights of employees;
- assisting and preparing on completion of transactions and dealing with stock-taking issues, post completion accounts and escrow arrangements;
- advice and assistance in the estates of deceased pharmacists and subsequent on sale, dealing with the registration requirements of the PSI and the HSE and associated banking requirements.
For more information contact Colm Kelly.