Healy Crowley Ahern solicitors is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy statement sets out the basis by which any personal data be collected from you or that you provide to us (the “data”) on our website www.hcalaw.ie (the “site” or “website”) will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our use of data.
Information we may collect from you.
We only collect your data through our website which you voluntary submit to us, as when, for example, you email us or use our online feedback or online forms. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- your name;
- your email, telephone and address;
- your comments about our service or other information that you supply to us regarding your instructions;
- the time and date of your visit including, details of your visits to our site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
When you access our site, your computers browser provides us with information such as your I.P. address, browser type, access time and referring url which is collected and used to compile statistical data on the use of our site. This information may be used to help us to improve our site and the services we offer.
For information about the cookies we use, when you use our website, see our separate cookies policy
Security and storage of data.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your data from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern and security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee complete security of our information, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet. We have implemented strict internal guidelines to ensure that your privacy is safeguarded at every level of our organisation. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technology becomes available.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and may involve the transfer of data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Those countries may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processes your data. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Uses made of your data.
We use your data that we hold to:
- Ensure the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us;
- Notify you of changes to our service.
We may use your data to send you information in relation to our services, events and products which may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us at the details below.
Disclosure of your information.
We need to disclose your data to third parties who provide a service to us in the following cases
- where we are engaged to act on your behalf we may need to disclose our information to our suppliers, such as engineers, counsel, estate agents, or other third party specialists;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the respective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose a share of your data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our firm, or customers, or others.
Links to other sites.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. You shall follow a link to any of those websites. Please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information and correction.
You may request in writing, copies of your data held by us as data controller. We will provide you with a copy of the data held by us as soon is practicable and in any event not more than forty days after the request in writing. There may be a charge to access your data. We may also request proof of identification to verify your access request. All requests should be addressed to our data and protection compliance officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your data that we hold is inaccurate, please let us know and we will make necessary amendments, erasure or blocking the relevant data as you request. We shall notify you within forty days from your request that the relevant action has been taken. All requests should be addressed to our Data Protection and Compliance Officer at email@example.com
Changes to the Privacy Statement.
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement from time to time at our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here. By continuing to use our site after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this privacy statement as modified.
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this privacy statement and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or sent in writing to Healy Crowley Ahern Solicitors, Iveragh Road, Killorglin, County Kerry. Your request will be dealt with promptly and efficiently.