Over the past fifteen years we have advised a wide range of technology businesses from start-ups to matured technology offerings. Our approach is to obtain a deep understanding of our clients’ technology and commercial drivers. We provide tailored advice and are excited by the underlying tech offerings of our clients. We quickly identify the core legal issues thus delivering the most cost effective solution for your business.
A sample of experience would include advice on the following topics such as:
- Delivery of e-commerce services and advice on regulatory issues such as the distance selling and e-commerce directive and related consumer legislation;
- Website issues such as linking and framing, white labelling, website terms, BLB arrangements and content licensing;
- Advice on liability on-line including cross border liability for defamation, intellectual property infringement and other content liability;
- Drafting a full range of technology contracts to include software licensing, data base management, application service provider agreements and dealing with liability issues, warranties and other market terms;
- Full advice on all aspects of data protection to include advice on privacy policies, use of data in the workplace, email and SMS marketing lists, manual filing systems and transfer of data outside of the EU;
- Advice on matters including open source including review and advice on open source licences, compliance and use of open source software as part of larger software offerings.
For more information contact Colm Kelly.